Coding Camp is available for both Girls AND Boys who will be in the Columbia area during camp days
Coding Camp is for a duration of one (1) week (Monday - Thursday). The same camp theme will be offered for elementary students (4th & 5th graders) at Bradley elementary June 11-14 and for middle school students (grades 6-8) at Southeast Middle School June 18-21.
EARLY BIRD & EXTENDED DAY CAMP OPPORTUNITIES: Bradleyl Elementary and Southeast Middle School offer all day camp experiences with various camp activities & experiences from 7:30am - 6:00pm. Your child would breakout to our camp during the day. See each camp location page for details.
Registration is NOW open!
Coding camp is open to ALL students, boys & girls, in the Midlands of South Carolina in grades 4-8
Theme: Think Like A Programmer: Code Your Own Music Video
Grades: 4th - 8th
Monday - Thursday; 9am-12pm
(details and terms of payment)
Campers will learn computer programming (coding) through a fun and interactive series of lessons created by Google CS-First. We will use the “Music & Sound” theme from Google to teach Scratch programming scripts that allow campers to play musical notes and create a music video.
On the last day of coding camp, campers will receive a certificate of completion and a "passport book" from Google CS-First. This basic manual provides campers with their login credentials, reminders, and coding tips so they can continue to code at home on any Internet enabled computer or chromebook.
- Maximum students per camp location: 15
- If a minimum camp size of 10 students at a particular location is not met, Webgyrlz Code has the right to cancel camp at that location.
- If a camp is cancelled, parent/guardian can choose to attend another location where there is available space, or request a refund (see terms of refund below)
- In the event that space is available at another location but a parent/guardian chooses NOT to send their child to that location, a $10 refund processing fee will be deducted from the camp registration refund.
- In the event there are no available spaces at ANY location in Richoland School District One for the week of the registered coding camp, a full refund will be issued.
- Online payment availble through website, or you may mail a check with your Summer camp fee to: Webgyrlz Code, PO Box 291916, Columbia, SC 29229.